1. Vision and Mission
1.1 Danamon believes that true sustainability involves the integration of environmental, social, cultural, and economic matters with our core business processes. We strive to incorporate this policy into core of business operations through internal and external effort.
1.2 It is our policy to minimize the impact of our operations on the environment. We are committed to control of significant environmental impacts associated with our activities.
2.1 The policy covers operation of the entire Danamon organization, including the business of subsidiaries companies and covers our business activities and operations.
3. Position on Climate Change
3.1 Climate change can have a damaging impact on Indonesia’s economy, the business community, our customers, and ultimately our business. Danamon is committed in the fight against climate change.
3.2 We continuously engage our stakeholders to further their understanding of the importance to fight against climate changes.
4. Environmental Compliance
4.1 Danamon is committed to comply with all environmental legal requirements and best practices where the Bank and its subsidiaries operate.
5. Management of Direct Environmental and Social Impact
5.1 We are committed to take proactive steps to mitigate the environment and economic impacts of our operational.
5.2 As a bank, we play a clearly defined, positive role in the Indonesian society. Our duty and goal as a financial intermediary is to assist businesses to become established and to expand, to enable consumers to grow their wealth. We aim to provide our customers high-quality, secure, efficiently managed financial services. We believe that this enables us to make a positive contribution to the sustainable development of Indonesian society.
5.3 Danamon continues to implement every possible measure to facilitate improvements in our services, people, business, market, product portfolio, skills, management, and confidence. Our people are the driving force behind each of these improvements. The level of innovation, efficiency, and professionalism of our people directly affect Danamon’s performance. Thus, our employees are our most important asset. We aim to find, develop and retain the most talented people available.
6. Management of Indirect Environmental and Social Impact
6.1 Danamon acknowledges that the decision we make on whom and what we finance may affect people and the environment. The greatest impact we have on the environment and society is through our financing activities. Therefore, we continuously develop our environmental and social standards and approaches. We nurture businesses, which have substantial impact to common good, and discourage channeling of funds to businesses that might have direct and indirect negative impact to the environment. We work with our customers and stakeholders to ensure that the economy we support is good for people and the planet.
6.2 Danamon considers the environmental performance of suppliers and contractors, as well as the environmental impact of products and services, in the context of the procurement process.
6.3 Danamon recognizes the importance to manage the environmental and social risks that comes from our customers’ business activities. At Danamon, environmental and social risk management is an integral part of our end-to-end credit process, as stated in our credit policy.
6.4 Danamon dedicates considerable resources to prevent, detect and mitigate all types of financial misconducts. In order to ensure that our business is conducted in full compliance with the highest ethical standards, Danamon takes every measure to make sure our full adherence to the Law on the Criminal Act on Anti Money Laundering and on Combating Financing of Terrorism.
7. Stakeholders Engagement and Reporting
7.1 We continuously develop our environmental and social standards and approaches. We work with our customers and stakeholders to ensure that the economy we support is good for people and the planet.
7.2 Danamon’s initiatives to address the management of indirect environmental impact are as follows:
- Through our community programs and Yayasan Danamon Peduli, we will partner with selected organizations that are actively protecting our environment.
- Engage employees in the delivery of their work safety, health, and security strategies and support them in practical ways so they can reduce their own environmental footprints.
- Engage with stakeholders to further its understanding of its direct and indirect environmental impacts and contribute to the development of public policy and regulation..
- Danamon is committed to:
- report publicly on the bank's sustainability performance on, at least, an annual basis; and
- apply the Global Reporting Initiatives (GRI) reporting guidelines as well as the supplement for the Financial Services sector.
8.1 The accountability of our Sustainability Policy are as follows:
- Board of Commissioners oversees management’s role in ensuring that Danamon’s sustainability commitment is promoted and maintained across the organization in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- Board of Directors has overall responsibility for the organization’s sustainability policies and performance.
- The Head of each Division, business support or group staff function is responsible for ensuring that activities are carried out in accordance with this Policy.
- Audit Committee is responsible to evaluate the compliance of sustainability policy.
9. Implementation of Process and Policy Review
9.1 We will continuously take steps to implement and review the sustainability policy
UU RI NO 40 TAHUN 2007 TENTANG PERSEROAN TERBATAS